The Wyndham Hotel Group is expanding its list of hotel properties in India with the announcement of seven new hotels under its Ramada and Days Inn brands. Wyndham already has 12 hotels in India, and the addition of these seven, six of which will be branded Ramada, will strengthen the company’s presence in the South-Asian market.
The hotels will include:
- the Ramada Chennai Goldsouk Vandaloor, a five-story, 100-room building scheduled to open in March 2012
- the Ramada Hisr Goldsouk, a 120-room property with an approximate April 2014 release date
- the 15-story, 120-room Ramada Kochi Goldsouk City, scheduled for April 2014
- the nine-story, 120 room Ramada Ludhiana Goldsouk GT Road, which will open in January 2015
- the Ramada Dehradun Rajpur Road, a four-story, 116-room hotel slated for December of this year.
- the 39-room, five-story Ramada Mussoorie, to be opened October 2011
- the Days Raipur Dhamtari Road, a 120-room hotel, with an anticipated January 2014 release.
“When we started out in India we knew there was a lot of potential for growth here and today’s announcement is testament to this,” Wyndham Hotel Group’s President and Managing Director, Asia-Pacific, Ken Greene, said.
Wyndham is also expanding its Asia-Pacific portfolio, which already includes 360 hotels (55,000 rooms), owned under several brands, including Wyndham Hotels and Resorts, Days Inn, Howard Johnson, Microtel Inns & Suites, Ramada, and Super 8. Wyndham Hotel Group is part of the Wyndham Worldwide family of companies and is the largest hotel company in the world, owning 7,210 hotels in 67 countries.