Moving is stressful, especially packing and unpacking your belongings. When you have been staying at a place for even a few months, the amount of goods that you acquire take a long time to pack. They may be your clothes, furniture, books, your pots, pans and other valuables.
image courtesy freedigitalphotos.net
Well, say goodbye to your stress and let a reliable moving company handle your relocation. But first, what kind of moving company do your require? Are you even aware of the types of moving services available? Read on to know more -
- Local Moving Company – This Company takes care of all short distance moves within a state involving a trip that is less than 100 miles. As long as you do not cross the borders of your state, your move will be local. When you are hiring this service, ensure that the company is insured and licensed. Ask them about their charges. Local moving companies charge by the hour but you have to check with the State DOT for the legal rates. For local relocations, you can hire this moving company in Philadelphia.
- Long Distance Moving Company – Long distance move need not be necessary inter-state move. It can also be intrastate but exceeding the distance of 100 miles. These companies will charge you according to the volume of your goods, their weight and the distance of the destination.
- Self Moving Company – In this type of service, you will have to pack your goods yourself but the moving company will load it in the truck and deliver it. On reaching the destination, the shipment will be unloaded but you will have to unpack it. This kind of moving company charges lesser than the above companies, as you will be doing some of the work. If you do not have too many belongings to pack, you will be better with a man with van London service.
- Auto Transport Moving Company – You may need the services of a moving company to transport your car. You can either drive it or use the services of an auto transporter.
- Boxing Services – These moving companies provide packing materials so that you can pack your goods and belongings properly and prevent any damage.
- Self Storage Company – Hire the services of a self storage company to store those belongings that you do not need immediately. Or, if your new place of residence does not have enough space, you can store your goods with a self-storage company and move them later on when you have more space.
Apart from these, you also have International movers and corporate movers. Whenever you hire any type of moving company, ensure that they have the proper licensing and insurance. This is essential for the safety of your goods.
Brenda Lyttle is an enthusiastic custom home builder. She loves her job as she helps people frame out their dream homes from their imaginary canvas into reality.
Latest posts by Brenda Lyttle (see all)