In my last real estate marketing blog, I briefly touched on new content ideas for your real estate website. Today, I thought I would follow that up with some great ideas for posting status updates on your professional Facebook page. We all know that social media has changed the way we market ourselves, so it’s critical you keep your pages fresh with new and relevant material that users will find both interesting and insightful.
While there are varying opinions for how often you should post to Facebook, you should at the very least be making one new update every day. And if you ever face the dilemma of not knowing what to post, you’re simply not giving it enough thought. But to help, here are 10 great tips that should help with sustaining a steady Facebook following and keep you page significant among your many followers:
1) If a new business is opening up in an area of your expertise, write a quick blurb about it and tag them in it to show your support. This demonstrates to clients your knowledge of the neighborhood, not to mention you never know when they might return the favor and tag you in a real estate related post.
2) ALWAYS reply to comments and “Likes” made on your page. Often times a great discussion will result during such interaction, possibly giving you new material for a future post regarding your real estate business.
3) Ask a colleague or fellow real estate agent to “Guest Post” for a day. Give them control of your account and let him/her interact with all your followers. This is a fun way for people to perhaps get another perspective on what’s going on with the local real estate market.
4) Focus your posts on asking questions and encouraging your followers and potential home buyers to respond. Direct interaction is one of the best parts about social media, so take advantage when you can!
5) Keep it light and fun! Be aware that not EVERYONE following you wants a new update on short sales or mortgages! Tell a joke every now and then or post a non-real estate related post sometimes. Obviously this isn’t the point of your business page, but it keeps people reading your posts…trust me.
6) ALWAYS share a new listing from your real estate website! (You do have a great looking real estate website, right?!?) Not only does this drive traffic to your site, but it’s free exposure for your client’s home. You never know who will share it, which certainly increases the chances of you selling the property just a little bit quicker.
7) Post videos. Whether it’s a virtual tour of a real estate listing or something entirely different, posting videos keeps clients and home buyers on your page longer-which is exactly what we want.
8) Share links to your blog posts. As you know, it’s my opinion you should be blogging AT LEAST 3 times a week. So get those blogs out there and keep driving people back to your real estate blog!
9) Ask your clients and followers hypothetical questions. “Do you prefer ______ neighborhood over ______neighborhood?” Not only is it fun to see how people respond, but it also give you great insight on what’s going on in your local real estate market.
10) Share information about the real estate company you work for: promotions, sales milestones, job opening etc. Giving your company love often brings love in return.
Joe Heath is a graduate of Indiana University and also holds a Graduate Certificate in Real Estate Development from Drexel University. After working in the market research sector and authoring published Market Snapshots for Hanley Wood Market Intelligence, Joe now works as a Web Marketing Specialist and co-owns Real Estate Web Creation with his partner, Ted Guarnero, a 25+ year real estate veteran.