Instagram is a social media platform that encourages users to share pictures. Real estate agents can use Instragam to share photos and get people excited about their listing. Below are some of the benefits of using Instragram and tips on how real estate agents can make the most of it.
- Cost effective- One of the best things about using Instagram is that it allows you to promote your services and/or homes for free. There are no limits when it comes to the amount of pictures or posts. Whether you have sold millions dollars of real estate or an agent who is just starting out- you can save a significant amount of money by using Instagram.
- Photo sharing- As a real estate agent, you know how important pictures can be. Photos have the ability to evoke emotional responses from your clients. Visual marketing is becoming increasingly important and the main purpose of Instagram is to share photos.
- High visibility- Photos and posts that are shared on Instagram get a high level of visibility. Every single post will end up on the news feed of your followers. Unlike tweets on Twitter, your photos on Instagram do not get archived. This means that your posts and pictures will live on forever.
- Aesthetically appealing- You can make your pictures and page aesthetically appealing by adding a picture frame or use color photo filters.
- Online search- Believe it or not, the majority of people who are looking for a home start their search online. People like looking for homes in a no-pressure sales environment. Having a presence and posting pictures on Instagram can help you reach those buyers.
- Rise in popularity- Instagram is a social media site that is rising in popularity. In fact, they are growing faster than Facebook and Twitter. Over the last couple of years, a couple of million users have signed up for Instagram. As Instagram’s popularity increases, you and your site will receive more exposure.
Tips on using Instagram
- Experiment with angles and lighting- Real estate agents can promote their properties by experimenting with angles and lighting when they take pictures. Seeing a home in a different light can make a big difference.
- Add a filter- Agents can add a filter that fits and enhances the property perfectly. Agents can use the Lo-Fi filter to add some color and warmth to a photo.
- Take close-up shots- Agents should take close-up shots of special features on properties. This will give your customers a chance to see the details.
- Be active- Agents can keep clients excited about their page by staying active on Instagram. You can stay active by keeping your website updated, posting pictures every week, and increasing your followers. An easy way to increase your followers is to like and share other people’s pictures. People are more likely to follow your page and look at your pictures when you make the initial connection.
- Connect with your other social media sites- You can connect your Instagram account with your other social media sites in order to increase your exposure.
Jeanette Swan is a Realty Biz News Contributing Writer