Search engine optimization is becoming more and more relevant for even the most technically-challenged real estate agents in the business. The statistics don’t lie and it’s been well documented that the majority of today’s home buyers start their initial home search online.
So with little or no web presence, the chances of you succeeding in the real estate industry long-term will eventually become smaller and smaller as each year passes and technology becomes even more accessible, mobile, and mainstream—if that’s even possible.
Let’s face it, simply having a real estate website or blog isn’t even enough anymore. To really make an impact and generate your own quality leads on a regular basis, real estate agents must now learn the ins and outs of building a website that ranks well among all the major search engines and produces a high PageRank for the specific keywords relating to your business. And if you’ve spent any time researching or investigating search engine optimization techniques, you likely already know that reaching and sustaining that high Google rank is an on-going process that requires constant content building, blogging, social media marketing, and various other web marketing efforts.
Unfortunately, many real estate agents out there are way too busy scheduling showings, meeting with clients, and actually selling homes; so the extra time it takes to keep up with the evolving world of search engine optimization can often be hard to come across. Lucky for all you agents however, plenty of helpful SEO blogs are available to give you all the latest developments and information you’ll need to keep you well informed and 100% up-to-date when it comes to how to evolve your lead-generating real estate website.
So if you’re looking for a good read or have some extra time in between showings, check out some of these best SEO blogs:
1) GeekEstate: Origianlly founded by Zillow.com, GeekEstate.com offers not only informative and current SEO tidbits, but also acts as a terrific resource for real estate agents wanting to keep up with all forms of technology in the industry. This one is definitely a must-read for all agents choosing to use the WordPress platform for their primary real estate website.
2) SEOmoz: As perhaps the most common provider of SEO software and tools, the folks at SEOmoz certainly have extensive knowledge of how search engines operate. Through helpful webinars and the SEOmoz Daily Blog, real estate website owners are able to get endless instruction and guidance on the best strategies for optimizing websites and achieve a higher ranking among the major search engines like Bing, Google, and Yahoo!.
3) Search Engine Land: Posting several blogs a day, Search Engine Land is the perfect blog site for quick reads and the latest updates in search engine optimization. What makes Search Engine Land so unique, however, is that many of the posts are contributed by outside professionals working in the industry with widespread knowledge of SEO and how it works.
4) Data-Based Ads, Inc: As CEO and the lead blogger at Data-Based Ads, Inc, Mike Scotty provides followers with insightful SEO and web marketing tips that range from how flickr and social media can boost real estate SEO to providing some useful ideas for your own real estate blog. Although posts aren’t as frequent on the Data-Based Ads blog, it’s definitely worth the time to check out when something new is published.
5) HubSpot: The HubSpot blog is a comprehensive resource for not just search engine optimization but internet marketing as a whole. Whether you want to learn how to use social media sites such as Pinterest or Facebook to drive business or read about tips for optimizing your landing pages for long-term lead generation, HubSpot has you covered. This blog really covers everything when it comes to various web marketing techniques and tactics, so definitely use the categories when navigating the website to determine which posts may satisfy your interests.
Joe Heath is a graduate of Indiana University and also holds a Graduate Certificate in Real Estate Development from Drexel University. After working as a Market Research Associate and writing published Market Snapshots for Hanley Wood Market Intelligence in Chicago, Joe now works as a Web Marketing Specialist and is a managing partner at Real Estate Web Creation, LLC.