The fast paced world of real estate marketing is constantly changing, and technology is fast changing with it. The research company comScore Inc. reveals that nearly 75% of local searches are being done via a mobile web browser. To be competitive, realtors should maximize the use of mobile technology to market their listings.
A new application has just become available through the real estate content giant, The Real Estate Book.com that will meet the mobile browsing needs of consumers. A free iPhone application together with an information packed website allows buyers to view detailed information about thousands of properties which are listed on the website. Individuals can sort through the properties using various criteria and then connect with the agents or individuals listing those properties.
The search criteria and listings are exactly the same for both the website and the mobile version. Some of the features include:
- Easy to navigate and read screen displays that work with the iPhone, BlackBerry, Android or any other kind of smartphone.
- Detailed information on the properties, including location, price, floor plans, amenities, photos and descriptions
- Users can set up a “favorites” category
- Keeps a history of searches done recently
- Search by price, square footage, number of rooms, date listed, zip code or proximity to current location
- Link to map showing property location, virtual tours and realtor contact information
Scott Dixon, president of the Real Estate Division of Network Communication Inc. shared his thoughts on the new technology,
“This new mobile site makes our property listings a breeze to navigate. It’s a plus for everyone. The mobile site gives homebuyers the freedom to search wherever and whenever they please, and it allows our customers to extend their reach to more consumers while they’re in search mode. It’s all about making connections with ease and accessibility.”